Sold my G23 to fund a G26. But now that I have the $400 in my hand, I've been eyeballing a few different guns, and I'm flip-flopping back and forth.

What I've been contemplating; Taking the $400 and adding some more $$ to get:

1) +$95 for a new G26

2) +$40 for a new Stoeger Cougar 9mm on sale at Bass Pro for $399

3) +$?? for a new FNP-9

4) +$65 for a new Ruger SP101 in .357

5) +$10 for a new Sig SP2022 9mm

.........or just dumping the money into my savings account for a rainy day.

So what else should I be looking at? My only criteria is that it be a 9mm handgun (aside from the SP101), and it has to be $500 or less out-the-door. Not really looking for used guns, either.

Got my FN-P 9 out the door from my FFL (hubby's friend) for $470 a few months ago. If you already have and like Glocks, I suggest you take a good, long look at the FN offerings. I'm really happy with mine.

That said, there are not a ton of holster offerings out there yet.

Edited by bohound

I have the SP2022 and love it.. as long as its the 9mm version.. they have 0 issues.. the 40 had some issues per the Sig Forums..

I got like 500 rounds thru mine with 0 issues.. runs even cheap Tula..

Some places had them for $369.. I got mine from CDNN in May.. (suggest calling them for pricing)..

Buds has them in-stock for $399..

Edited by YWHIC

Got my FN-P 9 out the door from my FFL (hubby's friend) for $470 a few months ago. If you already have and like Glocks, I suggest you take a good, long look at the FN offerings. I'm really happy with mine.

That said, there are not a ton of holster offerings out there yet.

I got a Fobus 360 paddle on eBay for $17 shipped. I'd rather have shooters pack and will as soon as I get over the price.

How are you doing on optics. I've got the same dilema, and am thinking about an aimpoint or a night vision scope. Both are pretty impractical for me, but I'm trying to decide based on cool factor alone, not real world application.

Drink some more of the koolaid.gif and get another Glock!

How are you doing on optics. I've got the same dilema, and am thinking about an aimpoint or a night vision scope. Both are pretty impractical for me, but I'm trying to decide based on cool factor alone, not real world application.

Why is an Aimpoint impractical for you? I run them on rifles as well as shotguns.

• Like 1

Sounds like most are in the same train of thought as me; leaning toward my original plan with the G26. Still waiting to hear back from a dealer about discount pricing on the G26. If it happens, it will be the cheapest option. If not, I still get good pricing through my go-to FFL, who will get me a brand-new-in-box G26 for $495 out the door.

But man, there's so many quality options out there nowadays. If BudsGunShop had the dark earth FNP-9 in stock for the price it was last listed at ($398), I would have ordered it already. Under $400 and it comes with (3) 16 round mags? Yes please.

53894.jpg

Hookers-n-Blow

I like the way you think.018.gif

MTPredator-Don't get me wrong, aimpoints are slick and I'd love to have one, but they're not practical for me personally. The odds of me competing in a 3 gun, or kicking down doors and clearing houses in an urban combat setting are right up there with the zombie apocoplyse. So, while they seem to be a great piece of equipment and I'm sure many professionals use them, it's unlikely that I'll ever really need one.

My suggestion, put it in your savings account and add to it over time, the nbuy one of each, also, look real hard at the SIG rimfire series (can't recall them but they're basically a 220/226/229/etc. with a 22 rimfire conversion unit supplied instead of the centerfire slide and barrel). It's the cheapest route to a steel framed SIG 9, 40, 357, or 45, with the 22 conversion unit for cheap practice, and they let you learn to shoot it until you get your centerfire stuff.

MTPredator-Don't get me wrong, aimpoints are slick and I'd love to have one, but they're not practical for me personally. The odds of me competing in a 3 gun, or kicking down doors and clearing houses in an urban combat setting are right up there with the zombie apocoplyse. So, while they seem to be a great piece of equipment and I'm sure many professionals use them, it's unlikely that I'll ever really need one.

You don't have to be doing any of the above to run an Aimpoint brother. I have one on a Mossberg Turkey Gun. Sorry for the threadjack Shooter.

But man, there's so many quality options out there nowadays. If BudsGunShop had the dark earth FNP-9 in stock for the price it was last listed at ($398), I would have ordered it already. Under $400 and it comes with (3) 16 round mags? Yes please.

53894.jpg

That's an FNX in the picture. The serrations on the front of the slide give that one away. Still, I really, REALLY like the look of the FN.

Don't wait, buy the black model, and paint your OWN color! :)

post-20073-0-62637200-1318777942_thumb.jpg

post-20073-0-48159700-1318777996_thumb.jpg