If I do stuff like that, it would mostly be to make fun of a friend who names his guns, or whatever. That is the only reason I named my motorcycle and gave it a facebook page.

I can't name inanimate objects because I wouldn't remember what I named it tomorrow. I never forget a face, but names I'm awful with.

• Like 1

They all already have names, and unique personalities, too.

Mosin, Tokarev, Simonov, Makarov, Kalashnikov, ,etc.

Although I call my Saigas just that, not Kalashs. Saiga sounds more like a females name, too, which is good because sometimes I feel like I treat them as such.

Basically what Arik said, the names are given at the factory.

Edited by Agent Lemon

I too am a bit mystified by the desire to name guns. There will be a thread with a title like "Meet Krablanka" or something, and I'll think, "Oh, this person must have a new dog or cat or very unlucky child." Then I'll see it's about a gun that he's named, and I'll feel like one of those kids who gets abducted by pervs who use the lure of something adorable.

If the thread goes on to mention zombies, I usually find myself incapacitated by a severe strain to my eye-rolling muscles. It can be a real pain in the rectus.

• Like 1

Bullpuped S12 - Etin Thrasher

Tobuk'd RPK - Daciana(for the ancient peoples of her homeland)

Danish Axe - Ulv's Maw

Short Sword - Ulv's Klaw

I name the things that I make/build/significantly modify myself as they have a bit of me in them. A smith that doesn't put a bit of himself into his work, isn't worth being called a smith. And one that does, his work deserves being named. Keeps the spirit of the item happy to be addressed by name. And a happy wepon is a dependable weapon.

There are often good reasons for following in the footsteps of our Honored Ancestors.

• Like 2

I have a custom mauser that came back from WW2. Only thing original on it is the receiver. I named it Christy after the first rifle that was ever issued to me. Christy was my first real girl friend in high school and I had a pair of her panties in the butt stock along with a photo and a cleaning kit.

I have a few choice names for my weapons when they don't work. I think I have named them all in the past but the only one I really can say holds a name forever is my lucky 300HH elk slaying rifle, Christy.

I named mine.

My .22's

My .40's

My Judge

My .45

My .44 mag

My .357

My .308

My shotguns

My .204

My .308

My Ak's

I like that naming system "many like it, this one is mine"

It looks like there are quite a few fellow Judge owners on the forum 032.gif

• Like 1

Bullpuped S12 - Etin Thrasher

Tobuk'd RPK - Daciana(for the ancient peoples of her homeland)

Danish Axe - Ulv's Maw

Short Sword - Ulv's Klaw

I name the things that I make/build/significantly modify myself as they have a bit of me in them. A smith that doesn't put a bit of himself into his work, isn't worth being called a smith. And one that does, his work deserves being named. Keeps the spirit of the item happy to be addressed by name. And a happy wepon is a dependable weapon.

There are often good reasons for following in the footsteps of our Honored Ancestors.

I do agree but for the most part none of my shit has names. I call them all baby. Guns and truck. Haha talking my bronco is what keeps it running. My 223 saiga is at times referred to as bonquisha or shaquanda. She's heavy black and devours anything I feed her.

Edited by 86camaro

Well, I had to name the to help wife differentiate:

Kommrade

Hextop

Mosin44

Pawnshop SKS

Russian SKS

Mossberg

Desert Sniper

Marauder

Tiger

Bolty