I would say but then the Govt trolls spying on this site would know where to look. shocked.gif

i invite anyone who wants to try to come cut into my safe to get at my guns, the few loaded mags that are in there, and all the black power that's also stored in there haha.gif

"and all the black power that's also stored in there"\

How do you store "black power" in a safe?

I've read that the south was a "resevoir of black power" and that "much of the black power originates in the ghetto", but those are pretty big areas....

Please answer, extra points if you can do it without sounding racist.

fuck... i don't know how well black power will work in my muzzleloader

I have had trouble getting black power to work at all.....

I painstakingly glue each individual round of ammo to my walls with a glue gun, so I can have .30 cal wallpaper in one room, .45 cal wallpaper in the other, and so forth. Keeps ammo out of the way, looks nice and is a great conversation starter!

• Like 1

I painstakingly glue each individual round of ammo to my walls with a glue gun, so I can have .30 cal wallpaper in one room, .45 cal wallpaper in the other, and so forth. Keeps ammo out of the way, looks nice and is a great conversation starter!

I thought about this and was worried about feed issues caused by the glue, with anything other then 7.62x39.

Help me out here...

I think my whole house is wired for black power.

Black power is the "off" side of my light switches...right????

well, YEAH.... but ONLY AT NIGHT :up:

:smoke:

I'm listening to black power right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AzCCt9VsyI&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL9A4091108F0F882A

And messing with hornadys new FRUIT EXPLOSION enviromentally friendly black powder, it's like popouri for game animals

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=black+powder&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2289468996601431222&sa=X&ei=JUyrT_fhFIaXiAKj38zHBw&ved=0CJ0BEPICMAE

Edited by preparehandbook

I use a portal to a different dimension to store my ammo. I've been having trouble with the ghosts and gouls there taking it though.

Put a better lock on the door of the tartus!

In flare ammo can and what I plan on using soon in a wooden ammo box. Guns are in a safe and ammo stored no where near the guns. The safe and ammo are somewhat hidden in different areas of the house (except the guns that are loaded w/extra ammo hidden in our bedroom).

Edited by Pyzik

Food for thought, don't be too forth coming about how much ammo you have stored in your home at least on a local basis. I have firefighter buddies that have told me that in case of fire your house will be allowed burn to the ground. They won't go in.

Fucking retards.

In regards to actual containers vs location. I stick with USGI ammo cans. Regardless where you stash them at your residence or elsewhere, they'll last a long time and keep a good seal. If you have room, add some desicant.

Here's an example of 7.62x39mm in a USGI 7.62 NATO can, exactly 480 boxed rounds.

IMG_20120507_184555.jpg

You just have to get a variety and try them out. (.50 Cal, SAW ammo, etc.). SAW cans are nice and roomy for loaded mags, drums, and such. I even use 40mm cans which are even bigger. Great thing is, they all are designed to be stacked so stack away!

Same set-up as MT Predator, except my dry boxes are the plastic type from MTM Case-Gard. Every time the wife buys a new pair of shoes, I toss the dessicant pack in with my ammo. The old school metal ammo cans are always sold out when I go online to my favorite places.

As far as specific locations? That's kind of personal. So let's say "in a secure location".

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 1

Food for thought, don't be too forth coming about how much ammo you have stored in your home at least on a local basis. I have firefighter buddies that have told me that in case of fire your house will be allowed burn to the ground. They won't go in.

Fucking retards.

Why? because they don't want to get their shit blown up?

Fucking retards.

ammo in a fire doesn't blow up

• Like 1

Fucking retards.

It sounds like what you are saying is that firefighters would refuse to go into a structure and fight a fire based on hearsay information about ammunition. I'd be very surprised if that were true. I have heard of them backing out of a structure when ammo began popping off, but never a flat out refusal to do anything because of scanty information.

Fucking retards.

It sounds like what you are saying is that firefighters would refuse to go into a structure and fight a fire based on hearsay information about ammunition. I'd be very surprised if that were true. I have heard of them backing out of a structure when ammo began popping off, but never a flat out refusal to do anything because of scanty information.

That was basically what they were getting at.

"getting their shit blown up" was not a literalism and many people do store powder with or near ammo and that does have a tendency to explode in its container in a fire.

Edited by U.S Praetorian

Fucking retards.

That was basically what they were getting at.

"getting their shit blown up" was not a literalism and many people do store powder with or near ammo and that does have a tendency to explode in its container in a fire.

It's extremely rare to actually have an explosion of any force. Popping, casings and small bits flying at low velocity, some flash offs of bulk powder. Smokeless powder must be very tightly contained in a very strong vessel (think 600 psi or better) to cause much of a boom.

Gas cans for lawn mowers are more of a hazard, and firefighters don't "let it burn to the ground" because they spot a well trimmed lawn.

I have an uncle who is the retired fire chief of a very large metropolis and has dealt with a whole bunch of this crap his response when I called him today was "They watch too many movies"

• Like 2

Ever see the old school cowboy ficks where they toss a bunch of rounds into a campfire to take out some bad guys? Same shit. You might injure someone with some of the brass casing but physics will not allow the projectile to harm anyone seriously.

I would think someone willing to rush into burning buildings and other precarious situations for a living would be accustomed to a little danger.

the ones around here are volunteer, so they are more likely to die in a gun bash related incident or from alcohol poisoning

• Like 1

my understanding is bullets wont do any real damage unless they are chambered. Instead of the 99% of the explosion propelling the bullet, you have 99% being expelled into nothing. Ive thrown bullets into a camp fire on more than one occasion and i havn't got shot yet

:lol: Oughta be interesting if your place ever catches fire.

I store my extra ammo in a locking HON storage cabinet. It's secure enough to prevent casual theft.

Mine is in mil surp ammo cans and plano ammo boxes. Stored all over the place.

Pretty much sounds like my system. Most below a set of bookshelf, several cans behind our recliners, some in closets, some in gun cabinet. EVERYWHERE!! And still do not have enough!!
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, Chile reminded me. I do keep loaded mags of various platforms, most in SAW ammo cans because of the room they afford. Also, lots of rifle ammo of various calibers loaded on stripper clips in other cans.

Note to self-don't open more than one drawer at a timeamazing.gif

That sounds like the "voice of experience".

I have seen a tool chest fall over for the same reason.

Yes, this is the "voice of experience"