What's the worst handgun you've ever owned?

Mine was the H&K USP 45. It was an overpriced turd with the worst trigger on any auto that I've ever fired. I was fooled by that elite type mentality and bought into the H&K hype. My Glock 21 kicks it's ass day after day!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My friend had a POS Hi Power clone from Century.     Rough...Love my USPs. I need to get a Sig. The new HK45 and P30 are cool too. Just wish they wouldn't have dropped the 45 capacity from 12 t

I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE KELTEC 380 WHEN I HAD IT IN MY POCKET THE CLIP WOULD EJECT.

I HAD TWO OF THE AMT 1911 45 ACP SS ONE OF THE BEST SHOOTING 45'S I"VE SHOT

Posted Images

Worst handgun I ever owned was a S&W "Sigma" compact 9mm.....not like the newer Sigmas, this was a blowback-operated DAO gun with a funky magazine that latched with 'buttons" that fit into grooves in the grip. They came out with them, as well as a smaller .380 version, in the late 90's. It was a jam-o-matic, I bought it as a CCW piece before I knew diddly about guns. It jammed and misfired constantly. After the 3rd trip back to the factory, I traded it for a Keltec.

Mauser Luger. Still have it, gotta sell it.

Figure I'll add why. It jams, it's inaccurate, it cuts your hands up with its sharp checkering and very exagerated twisting recoil action. The recoil action because of the way the toggle slams back and down in the rear, and the natural tendancy for the light front to rise means you lose your sights after every shot, with a stupid little 9mm.

Edited by Twinsen

Owned?...that would be a little pearl handled gold bling Llama .32 I had years ago. It was a cool looking pocket piece (at the time) but you couldn't hit a paper plate with the damned thing at ten yds.

I swore I would never own another cheapo pistol or "saturday night speacial" as my uncle called that one...

Seen?...That one would definitely be a Bryco .380 a friend of mine had. (Now sold under the name "Jeminez")

Chrome plated POS that goes thru firing pins and other parts like I go through toothpicks. :ded:

they are also sold under the name Jennings I believe.

Definitely the Springfield .45 Micro Compact. It was lucky to feed two consecutive shots without stovepiping or failing to feed. I got me a M&P45 to take it's place & have to say it's one of the best handguns I've ever owned.

Then I finally got rid of the Springfield by trading it for a KAHR 9mm for my better half.

It's a tie. The two worst POS's I've ever owned were a S&W 22a and a Beretta 9000 40s&w. Calling either of them crap is an insult to crap and they were both so bad that I will never buy a product from either of those companies again. Both had dismal "factory service".

Other disappointing handguns I've owned include:

Witness 45 poly compact. Has a moulding flaw on the grip that blisters your hand when you shoot it. It was bought as a parts gun for my steel framed witness which is actually a really nice gun. Haven't sold it simply because it's still sitting there waiting to fulfill its parts gun destiny.

Ruger 22/45 (still have it). Doesn't feed well enough to qualify as a woods gun, but haven't found it's replacement yet. Fairly accurate though.

Beretta Cougar 45. Wouldn't lock up it's fancy rotary action even after fluff/buff/cleaning etc. Was very very accurate though and had good trigger. Just unreliable, so off it went.

Kel Tec P11. Got it for $150 from a buddy, but never got used to the rediculously long trigger pull. After the frame started to develop hairline cracks I sold it for what I had in it. Also had a sub 2000 that was by far the worst rifle I've owned. I whole hearteadely recommend that you buy anything other than a kel tec, or at least be prepared to ship it off to the factory a few times before you expect it to work.

Long story short, buy a Sig. If you can't afford a Sig, get a Glock.

Beretta 92FS right out of the box. I couldn't ever get the thing to group. I shot it for almost a year and went through a couple of thousand rounds of ammo and still couldn't get the hang of the thing. I sent it back to beretta where they sand bagged it, bench rested it, shot 15 rounds at 15 yards away and managed to get a 7" group all while using cci gold dot bullets which are way too much money for me. When they told me that the pistol was within factory spec with that shitty ass group they got out of it I sold it. I've got no use for a pistol that can't group at least 5" at 25 yards, let alone 15 yards.

My worst handgun is the Kel Tec P-11 which is a hand beater. It does work flawlessly and also takes Smith & Wesson 59 and 69 series magazines but it hurts my hand when I shoot it. I got it from an 80 year old man and understand why he sold it. His hand probably couldn't take the beating either. I'm 51 years old and have trouble with it. The second worse hand beaters are the Hungarian PA-63 and the Polish P-64 which shoot Makarov ammo. All these guns do work without a hitch.

.22mag Automag pistol.Looked cool as shit,BUT would only function well when shot into a gunsmith's water trap due to the extra help of gravity!Firing it regularly you get lots of light primer hits,and even my gunsmith was shaking his head on that one!Next one was a Star Model A,9mm Largo,that blew up in my hands while shooting with a conversion 9mm Luger barrel in it!High Standard .22mag sentinel with the worst trigger pull ever made as my #3.Can't forget about the Mak11 carbine that kept twisting the forearm when fired so the sights aligned on the SIDE of the gun.....ughhhh....

Edited by THE_HUNTER

Hipoint 45, ugly clunky and not real acurate, 9mm compact hi-point was not much better. Take them apart and see how cheap they are made, didn't trust the safety on either. Sold both for more then I paid new and bought a springfield mil-spec 1911 and love it!

1895 Nagant worst trigger ever, but cool from collecting standpoint

Mine was the H&K USP 45. It was an overpriced turd with the worst trigger on any auto that I've ever fired. I was fooled by that elite type mentality and bought into the H&K hype. My Glock 21 kicks it's ass day after day!

Mine was some cheap saturday night special revolver I bought a few years ago. I got a 22 and a 32 for $45 total. I figured for that price it was worth doing. One of them is OK, but I wouldn't shoot it much. The other one would be lucky to keep them on a B27 at 10 or 15 yards, but what do you expect from cheap pot metal revolvers. IIRC it's the 22 which can't hit the broad side of a barn.

it was the early 80's and I owned an HK91 that I just loved so I got an HK VP70Z 9mm to go with it. What a piece of shit. I traded a perfectly good Ruger 6" SS Security-Six for it too. Boy did I get fucked on that deal.

Edited by DaGroaner

Ah yes, the VP70 was quite the POS. For those of you that haven't shot one or don't know what it is, let me enlighten you!

Go to a rest stop toilet and fish out a turd. Hold it in your hands. You have just experienced the ergonomics of a HK P70.

Now, go buy a brand new Land Rover, put 100,000 miles on it in two months. You have just experienced the free fall depreciation of the Hk 70.

Now, go try to put 50 rounds through a Raven 25 without a jam or malfunction. You have just experienced the reliability of the P70.

It would be my worst but I never owned it, just shot it!

1895 Nagant worst trigger ever, but cool from collecting standpoint

Yup, my russian Nagant 1895 is currently the worst gun i currently own.

while single action, the trigger is pretty much as crisp as you can get it, in double action it is very heavy. and it suffers from triggerslap (from the resetting cylinder).

slow to reload, and uses special weirdo ammo. add to that the thin and somewhat ackward grip and you got a pretty bad revolver right there.

but it's an extremely interesting piece. i doubt i'll ever get rid of it.

My friend had a POS Hi Power clone from Century.

Rough...Love my USPs. I need to get a Sig. The new HK45 and P30 are cool too. Just wish they wouldn't have dropped the 45 capacity from 12 to 10. Grip should be big, its a high cap 45, deal with it. G21 is a good gun but like all Glocks, the grip doesn't fit my hand with that huge bulge in the back toward the base of the grip. I still own a 34 though, suppressed :devil:

Worse is a Glock 22,

Was it defective?

• Like 1

Glock 17, horrible ergonomics, terrible trigger and slide bite every time I shot it. Traded it for a XD-9 and never looked back. MY XD now has 25K + rounds through it with no failures and shoots 3" groups offhand at 25 yards. XD, it's better then a BLOCK!!

post-1914-1207677187_thumb.jpg

Wow. Very nice. I think I've seen that gun before........

guntat.jpg

You love it you liar!!!! :lolol:

My worst was a Kimber Tactical II Custom (5")

kimber.jpg

It was my mid-tour present for myself and it fired great for those two weeks. After about 400 rounds it started FTF'ing the top round. 6-800 it would FTF the top, 3rd, 5th, and FTE the 7th. Kimber "fixed it" and it still kept doing it. "Traded it" at a gun show for a G23 w/night sights and $200 cash. Haven't looked back. I guess I got a "bad one" but I won't try that brand again. Sexy lookin' girl though.........

Edited by shaneman153a
The worst gun I've ever touched was a Kimber rifle. I won't ever buy one of their guns.

Aren't they all bolt action? How bad could it be? :eek:

Click, cycle. Click, cycle. Click, cycle. Click, cycle. Click, cycle, mag is empty. That's how.