so today, i am sitting here thinking of a way to get to a gun store thats ~45 min away, to buy an ak. only reason i am thinking of a way to get there is i don't want to take my car, which i don't trust as the tranny is going, it only has front brakes and the battery is junk. not once did i think about spending my gun money on my POS car, or put it towards a new one.

you know your a gun nut when: your STOCk S12 cost more than double what you paid for your car :lolol:

true to.

now lets hear yours

...when you tell your parents you can't join them for Christmas just yet so you can go to the local gun show. :D

playin' hookie,

Acer

EDIT: Actually, MCASgt, not counting my truck, I probably have a more than half my net worth in guns and ammo. So HAH! :P

Edited by acer_saiga308

I didn't realize how much I had invested in firearms/paraphernalia, until my mom asked me about it over dinner awhile back. I sat there, and was adding up costs of everything and ended up going.... :eek: . And I don't have near as many firearms and gear as some on here do.

To think, it all started with a lowly .22 from Dicks Sporting Goods, a couple years ago. I never knew it would snowball into what it has. It's an incurable disease, but more fun than herpes.

I'm SOOO unworthy of following Bob's post but here goes....

(I know this will pale in comparison to probably everyone else, but you would have to know me and how much I love my dogs!)

I know I'm a gun nut when I spend as much on shooting supplies as I spend on the care and training of my Rottweilers. Which is more than I spend on my and my wife combined for any given thing...

When your Christmas shopping is done and it looks like a Christmas carol

5 ar mags

4 md drums

3 ammo cans

2 new ar's

and a bottle of Cobra's red hot sauce...........................

Really, 1 new ar and 1 new stripped lower....but it didn't fit the song...

Merry Christmas all....

I still better get the wife something..lol...

....when your net worth is at least half in Firearms, all your friends say they are coming out to your house when the SHTF...,you spend almost all of your time working on, using, or talking about firearms, you've got Saigas and AKs literally stacked floor to ceiling in your gun room (and about anywhere else they will fit...), you have figured out a way to make and mount a chainsaw bayonet on one of your S-12s...lol, and your Christmas wreath is lit up with shotgun shells! :super:

...you might be a gun nut. :lolol:

post-1293-1229525802_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1229526267_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1229526662_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1229526399_thumb.jpg

Merry Christmas! :xmas:

I didn't realize how much I had invested in firearms/paraphernalia, until my mom asked me about it over dinner awhile back. I sat there, and was adding up costs of everything and ended up going.... :eek: . And I don't have near as many firearms and gear as some on here do.

Ya...I've been in that conversation. Now you just have to play it off as "investments" or "smart shopping". I kept buying 7.62x54r @30-40 a tin of 440 rounds like I was going to invade a small country. Prices went up a bit and I'm now sitting on about an extra 40 bucks per can, that beats stock prices.

....when your net worth is at least half in Firearms, all your friends say they are coming out to your house when the SHTF...,you spend almost all of your time working on, using, or talking about firearms, you've got Saigas and AKs literally stacked floor to ceiling in your gun room (and about anywhere else they will fit...), you have figured out a way to make and mount a chainsaw bayonet on one of your S-12s...lol, and your Christmas wreath is lit up with shotgun shells! :super:

...you might be a gun nut. :lolol:

That's the other reason for all the 7.62x54r....Mosin defense force :lolol:

Now I can't compete with Bob's real pics up above there...

post-1914-1229537850_thumb.jpg

post-1914-1229537899_thumb.jpg

But for some college kid from the hills I think I've got one heck of a start :smoke:

Edited by scoutjoe

1. The guys at one or more of your favorite gun shops leave you in charge while the go grab lunch...

2. The thought of 3 days at Disney/Epcot with the wife and kids makes you cringe and plead poverty, but you'll sell plasma for 6 months to drive X-thousand mile and spend X-thounsand dollars to go to Gunsite / Thunder Ranch / A Suarez Intl training...

3. You re-load or set up a scope / zero in your dreams.

4. You have a "gun account" or "gun credit card" that your spouse may or may not know about.

5. You have ever bold-faced lied to your spouse about the origins of a gun. [iE: Pffft! This old thing? Had it for years... You just never noticed...]

6. You have a "safe house" to stash recent addition at until you can get it home while the wife is out...

7. You have added a "gun room" addition to you home rather than a spare bedroom, bathroom, family room or den.

8. You have a back-up generator just for the electric dehumidifyer in your gun safe...

9. The local cops call you for advice on firearms recommendations, the identification of a firearm or for help in disassembly/reassembly of a firearm.

10. You see an "arsenel" seized by the cops on the evening news and get a warm fuzzy 'cause you have more and better stuff than the "bad guys". [iE: the Randy Weaver "arsenel"].

10. You see an "arsenal" seized by the cops on the evening news and get a warm fuzzy 'cause you have more and better stuff than the "bad guys". [iE: the Randy Weaver "arsenal"].

Actually, you fear anyone finding out about your private collection, for that exact reason above... cause you would be the NEXT ARSENAL they drag out and take pics of and the media spins it into a one man terrorist jihad cell or something!

But yeah... I have had them warm fuzzies in the past... for that exact reason... :up:

:smoke:

4. You have a "gun account" or "gun credit card" that your spouse may or may not know about.

5. You have ever bold-faced lied to your spouse about the origins of a gun. [iE: Pffft! This old thing? Had it for years... You just never noticed...]

6. You have a "safe house" to stash recent addition at until you can get it home while the wife is out...

7. You have added a "gun room" addition to you home rather than a spare bedroom, bathroom, family room or den.

Macbeau, you're my hero. I identify with numbers 4-7, and I've got two to add.

- You sneak money out of your "Emergency Savings Account" to buy guns you really really want, betting on the hope that future that catastrophe won't strike, and if it does, that your guns will be more valuable than money.

- You're willing to buy your wife nice jewelry, a day at a spa, or a healthclub membership so she can't get pissed when you come home from the gun show with a trunk full of goods or when the UPS guy stops by.

Edited by zakmatthews

My girl set up a little 1.5' Christmas tree at my place, and even had miniature decorations.

I had some spent x39 brass laying around, so I stuck them on some of the branches. I've also slid spent brass over some of my light switches (x39 fits perfectly, actually). It helps to flick the switch in the dark. I think that's gun-nut'ish, no? :lol:

Hmmmmm?.?.?.?.

Have you ever used a rifle as a "holiday noise maker" in leiu of firecrackers and such????

I have a Galil ARM and Blank Adapter and about 2000 rounds of blanks and I haven't bought a firecracker in years (Though I am only about 5 mile from S.C. which is a lot like Mexico in that regard) - much to the chagrin of my (now) Ex-Wife and daughter...

Hmmmmm?.?.?.?.

Have you ever used a rifle as a "holiday noise maker" in leiu of firecrackers and such????

So I was at my one buddies house for new years (kinda a tradition), the next hilltop over is another buddy who I shoot with on his property. New Years eve, at the stroke of midnight I hear shotguns and an SKS open up

Pennsyltucky pride :super:

Some of these have been eerily familiar, but here are a few more:

1. The FFL who does your transfers is on speed dial.

2. You buy cases of ammo in calibers you have no gun for.

3. Your license plate reads SHOOTST

4. $15k is more than you'll pay for your daily ride, but it sounds like a hard to pass on deal for an MP5K sear gun.

5. .308 at $.40 a round is a "must buy" to keep your MGs fed.

6. Most of your range time is spent "testing" guns.

7. Doesn't matter how tight things are, you can always scrape up a couple grand for that rare deal.

8. At gunshows, your looking for or selling things that most people haven't heard of.

9. Night vision and IR lasers are considered part of your gun collection.

10. You know the term "Investment Grade Firearms" is more than a clever business name.

11. Your on this and other sites from the time you get up, until the last thing before you go to bed.

Hmmmmm?.?.?.?.

A few years back I found myself without any fireworks on New Years Eve approaching midnight. I did have my trusty AR and a few boxes of tracers, so I rang in the new year sending red streaks through the air.

good times.

They don't use blanks in my neighbor hood, only the real mcCoy!

Hmmmmm?.?.?.?.

A few years back I found myself without any fireworks on New Years Eve approaching midnight. I did have my trusty AR and a few boxes of tracers, so I rang in the new year sending red streaks through the air.

good times.

-when you spend your paycheck weeks in advanced on a credit card knowing your going to be broke until the next month when you buy more guns and ammo.

-when you have parts pieces and guns laying around in your house, that you cant even walk around...constantly picking metal shavings from your feet, also having burnt and banged up linoleum from working in the kitchen.

-when your mother asks "whats wrong with you" on a weekly basis referring to money spent on guns/parts/ammo.

-when your dad, who is also a Vietnam vet, is asking when your starting a war...who also believes that your nuts.

-when your friends walk into your place and complain about the smell, you smile and think the smell of gun parts, degreaser, gun oil, burnt plastic/metal, and cosmo smells good.

-when you plan on naming your son and daughter (whenever that might be) Ivan and Saiga.