Cobra's LRBHO Video Demo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a cool product for a cool weapon. I can't imagine these not selling like crazy.

While I haven't seen the final production model, I HAVE been fortunate enough to see some pics and videos of the prototype ideas Shannon shared with me. NO, I'm NOT a co-designer or hired troubleshooter, and I in no way take any credit for what Shannon has done. I was just a dude he entrusted to brainstorm with a little. My engineering and CAD background sometimes helps me envision concepts a little better than some. That's all.

Even though I'm finally able to load a mag on a closed bolt reasonably well, this LRBHO will make it so much easier. I won't even have to re-learn anything or make any different movements:

*Get fresh mag

*Use it to release empty mag (or use trigger finger if you have extended release)

*Insert fresh mag

*Pull charging handle back and release

The only difference will be that the mag insertion will be much easier and I'll have a visual indicator that the weapon is empty. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Corbin

very nice, i also quite like that saiga of yours...i need to get me one of those muzzle breaks.

personally i would rather not market mine...you have spent so much time and effort on yours and considering yours is far better than mine as it sits right now i see no point in bothering...still was a fun project to work on though

Ok, since everyone is patiently waiting, I guess I must be the voice of reason...

FUCKING SELL THEM ALREADY!!!!!!! :haha:

HEY!! Wow! What a novel idea! Dang, why didn't I think of that? I should sell them.....YES!!! Thank you!

Awesome!!

I've been saving the shavings....sweeping up all the metal dust from my workbench and surrounding areas....then sprinkling that on my Mac & Cheese while Racegal wasn't lookin! I'm hoping to be able to shit out a few for those who really need to be the first ones to get em and just can't wait any longer!

Otherwise, I'm stuck in the same boat y'all are...waiting......

It's NOT vaporware! These will be out this year! <prays fuckin hard.... :angel: >

Dudes I'm wantin this more than you are...trust me. I'm real damn sorry if you think I get evil on ya for being pushy...it's just in my nature to hate pushy people...especially those who take great joy in trying to piss me off on purpose...not mentioning any names....

Not to be pushy.... But I'm guessing that if you came up with a projected cost and production time, I'm sure some people might help fund production with pre-orders. I know I would, if the price was right. (That's if production costs are even an issue).

Just a thought. :)

Not to be pushy.... But I'm guessing that if you came up with a projected cost and production time, I'm sure some people might help fund production with pre-orders. I know I would, if the price was right. (That's if production costs are even an issue).

Just a thought. :)

Thats been done before and usealy ends up being one pain in the azz for the seller.

very nice, i also quite like that saiga of yours...i need to get me one of those muzzle breaks.

personally i would rather not market mine...you have spent so much time and effort on yours and considering yours is far better than mine as it sits right now i see no point in bothering...still was a fun project to work on though

Thanks bro. I thank the people who were here before me for all the great info I was able to read and finally decide to convert my own Saigas. That 12 was my first really 'involved' conversion. The 410 was a breeze. Kudos to those like Makc and IndyArms, who converted theirs long before there were any 'tutorials' online...much less videos on youtube. Any help you want with your own conversions, just feel free to PM me about it.

The brake was something Tony Rumore at Tromix made for me at the same time he was boring out and threading a regular 74 style US brake I sent him, to fit my 410. I think he sells them now. If not, dinzag also has a version very similar that I know he sells. I've shot with both and they both rock!

I wouldn't say my LRBHO is that much 'better' than yours...not without seeing it. It actually sounds like something very similar to my first design.

Hey Cobra, can't the bolt also be released by pushing the BHO button with the trigger finger?

Actually, with this design, pulling down on it is what releases it....just like the factory BHO.