heh...I clearly said have a few in your store to offer, I never said he should become an authorized Hi-Point dealer that would require him to have tons of them in stock and taking up space in the case.

Fair enough, you did say a few. Either way my point was to not make it a point of having quanity over quality. It' sad that I can write a whole page of shit and someone will only read (and comment) on what they disagree with. It is what it is as they say.

Ben-the holes been dug and your pulling the dirt in now. I can't find one case across (not to say it's not there) the US of a legit CCWer deciding that today was the day they would rob a gunstore......where everyones carrying a gun.....

Don't fight for gun rights and then try and strip them.

• Like 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cabela's has a very sensible model that you can follow to address those concerns. Loaded carry is good to go, with the explicit caveat that if you bring it in loaded, concealed or openly, it stays wh

Well, as long as you're okay with people being armed at home while they're browsing your website.

I went into a local shop after a range trip. I had packed up my pistols, but was still wearing my holster.....The FIRST thing the shop owner said to me was "Where is your pistol?" If you quake in yo

so im supposed to insure my house for halfwitts? that is what you are saying?

i mean, its cool, if you REALLY have to carry in house, but....but...i just dont get it folks.....

you seriously wouldnt come into my shop if i prohibited loaded weapons? really?

what about if I had a hot slut in the corner to look at?

you seriously are not coming in my place of business with a loaded weapon, im sorry. not unless i know you first.

what if i was the only one with good tok ammo or the cheap 30-06 stuff? youd' still not come in? seriously?

Yes, seriously. Of course some people will come in when they need to. A few may not even care if they can carry there or not. But you need every customer you can get. You have to make people WANT to be there. If I see that sign at the door that's my first impression of you, and the first thing I'm going to consider is if I really need anything from this store because I sure as hell don't want to be here. That is a recipe for failure.

• Like 1

Disallowing concealed carry probably wouldn't torpedo the business, but be darn sure of two things. First, be the only game in town. Second, be so much better and more convenient than buying online that people will convince themselves to compromise their principles to shop there. Consider Wal-Mart. How many regular (and even irregular) Wal-Mart shoppers hold a contemptuous view of the chain? How many of them recognize and dislike the toxic nature of big box stores to local businesses? The fact is that they still shop there. Be Wal-Mart, and you can write whatever rules you want.

That said, I think a lot of CCWers will find the notion of a gun store being a pistol-free zone to be more than a little duplicitous and, therefore, of suspect viability. In Michigan carrying on private property that isn't a de jure pistol-free zone is tantamount to trespassing, the usual response to which is being told to leave. If the law in your area is similar, a rule forbidding concealed pistols could be seen as indicating CPL-holders themselves are not welcome. Even if the law in Floria is stricter, I imagine that people will still carry inside, in spite of the rule.

• Like 2

Honestly, I probably wouldn't shop in your store if I saw a sign like that. But that goes for any store around here as well. All of them here allow open/concealed carry and the employees also open/concealed carry. It's proper etiquette to not unholster your weapon at random anyway. Not bashing your business idea, but if you're afraid of getting robbed, or afraid of an idiot, you know very well that a sign will NOT stop someone who has ill intent.

• Like 2

heh...I clearly said have a few in your store to offer, I never said he should become an authorized Hi-Point dealer that would require him to have tons of them in stock and taking up space in the case.

Fair enough, you did say a few. Either way my point was to not make it a point of having quanity over quality. It' sad that I can write a whole page of shit and someone will only read (and comment) on what they disagree with. It is what it is as they say.

No, I read every word you typed and only commented on what I disagreed with because the rest of it was good stuff.

• Like 1

As a CHL-holder and potential customer, my question for you Ben is: If the state trusts me enough to permit me to carry a concealed weapon, then why can't you?

While I respect your decision to disallow any open/concealed carry in your store; you must also respect those people who lawfully carry who decide not to do business with you. Its your store, and your rules, but I think you'd be alienating a large segment of your customer base.

Gun stores here in TX that I do business with have a simple policy for weapons brought into a store/range: If you are a CHL-holder carrying concealed, the gun remains holstered and concealed. Any guns you wish to have serviced, or to use on the range, enter the store/range unloaded and cased. The guns leave the same way they arrived (unloaded and cased). Any violators are told to leave the premises. Either way, good luck to you. I do hope you reconsider your decision to deny lawful carry in your place of business - especially if your employees are already permitted to do so.

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 3

Ben,

You had me, then you lost me...........

A gun shop that would require me to unload my weapon upon entry would never have to concern itself with my entering their shop.

Plain and simple.....................

Best of luck to you in all your endeavors, but to implement this policy insures you lose a major portion of your serious potential customers.

(p.s.: You're not in New York any more, Ben............)

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 5

dont worry ben, i would still come into your store, since the only gun i carry is the one thats for fun and it's always loaded. i probably wouldn't buy any guns from you, but i would definitely get drunk on the alcohol i know you would have hidden in there, and possibly roll a big doobie on your display case.

and make sure you carry plenty of pump action shotguns

• Like 3

all the best deals in town on any gun/ammo wont bring me to go into a store that wont let me carry. hell if i have to, ill buy the shit on the net and be done with it.

i dont do business with any store/shop that wont let me carry. plain and simple. not only will potential customers see that sign, but the criminal element will see it as well, and your store will be marked for future/potential incidents to occur. theres only one gun store in this area that doesnt allow anyone to carry. needless to say they rarely get business, and wont make it much past the new year.

i dont want to see your business fail, but perhaps your current mindset may already be setting you up for such an event. especially in florida, where a lot of people have a handgun carry permit.

but with that said, one thing i would consider for your shop would be location. a shitty location will deter people from wanting to visit. ease of access from the road and a generous parking area will help. making it easier for people to access your shop from the road and exiting your parking lot will help more than you may think. i avoid certain stores because it sucks ass pulling in and out.

• Like 2

i mean, its cool, if you REALLY have to carry in house, but....but...i just dont get it folks.....

you seriously are not coming in my place of business with a loaded weapon, im sorry. not unless i know you first.

what if i was the only one with good tok ammo or the cheap 30-06 stuff? youd' still not come in? seriously?

If I come into your place with a loaded weapon, you won't know it unless there's a pat-down or a gun fight; I expect neither. Now, if you have nitwits showing off their concealed carry, I'd make them exit the premises. Liability insurance is a must. No one plans on a lawsuit, and if someone breaks an ankle in your parking lot, you could be stuck with the bill. Shitty? Yes, but that's why it exists.

You pretty much say "What if I have really cool shit at fair prices, but treat you like an incompetent douche?" I guess it's lose-lose, but I'd rather shop on the internet (or buy from you online if the price is right). Plenty of stores in FL have "No CCW on premises," but store owners know people are going to ignore the sign and keep their guns to themselves. You want to disarm POLICE who enter your store? You're better off opening up a Build-A-Bear Workshop.

If you're selling a gun, or trying out accessories on it, unload it before coming in. If I'm carrying a gun, the only time someone is going to see it while I'm in your house is if I'm defending my life, and by proxy, your store. I wish you luck.

Yes, just like you are required by law to insure your car for halfwits.

How the hell is it a concealed weapon if you have to take it off in public? I don't carry at present, but I would put the gun on before I left my house and not take it off until I returned home. Besides, you need to make sure you don't print the weapon, right?

Not coming in. I ain't coming to your store to look at the booth babe, I can see plenty of T&A online. I would be coming to any gun store to check out a new release, see if it fits my hands. If it does, I'd buy it from them on the spot (or start saving up and buy it from them later).

Guess I won't be doing business with you, then.

Correct, I would NOT come into your store.

• Like 4

There's pretty much nothing a gunstore can stock, sell and make money off of, that one can't get online for cheaper.

Which when you think about it................why not just open up an online business? It sounds like it would be more up your alley, as opposed to a walk-in storefront shop.

• Like 1

There's pretty much nothing a gunstore can stock, sell and make money off of, that one can't get online for cheaper.

Which when you think about it................why not just open up an online business? It sounds like it would be more up your alley, as opposed to a walk-in storefront shop.

Well, as long as you're okay with people being armed at home while they're browsing your website.

• Like 10

021.gif021.gif021.gif

• Like 1

I was very happy to find that Frontier Guns in Kalispell had several guns and accessories cheaper than I could find them online. Even cheaper than the auctions in history on gunbroker.

Sometimes it really pays to shop local. They are great at customer service and can find damn near any weapon you could ever imagine. I love supporting people who openly carry and uphold their constitutional rights!

Not all online stuff is cheaper than local shops!

Ben, I'm your target audience. I'm in my mid 30's and have a disposable income that goes to lost of guns and ammo. I have already boycotted shops for not allowing weapons in the store. There are millions of people just like me that will not shop in your store because of your ignorance, mistrust and stupidity regarding our God given right to defend ourselves.

Save yourself a ton of money and invest in something you understand. Apparently, you don't understand the weaponry you would be selling or you wouldn't deprive customers of their rights upon entering your store.

Fuck no, I would NEVER spend a dime in your shop. It would be like a bar that you couldn't drink in!

'

• Like 8

I have a right to carry. You interfere with that right, then I think less of you.

I might not come in, I might not come in as often, who knows.

Police would never come to a shop requiring them to unload.

Also, any range that prohibits the drawing and firing from a holster must

be run by a bunch of single-shot Fudds, because, for any realistic practice,

one must draw from the holster and fire, as that is where the gun will be in reality.

• Like 1

I was very happy to find that Frontier Guns in Kalispell had several guns and accessories cheaper than I could find them online. Even cheaper than the auctions in history on gunbroker.

Sometimes it really pays to shop local. They are great at customer service and can find damn near any weapon you could ever imagine. I love supporting people who openly carry and uphold their constitutional rights!

Not all online stuff is cheaper than local shops!

Must depend on where you live. I live in a tourist town. Everything's expensive. I almost don't buy anything local, because prices are absurd. Shit, factory S-12's were $700 at one shop, long before the whole import-ban-scare.

Even still, it's rare for a shop to be able to sell anything for cheaper than online. Not impossible, but rare. When you factor in the overhead that a storefront shop has, it's hard for them to make money on anything if they're trying to compete with internet pricing.

I hate to say it, but the local shops around here are really only good for finger-banging a gun before you go order it online for cheaper.

Make sure the address matches up with the one on their government issued identification card. It is worth losing a sale to not violate federal law. We register more people to vote than ACORN in several counties in the State of Mississippi.

• Like 3

Make sure the address matches up with the one on their government issued identification card. It is worth losing a sale to not violate federal law. We register more people to vote than ACORN in several counties in the State of Mississippi.

lol like people dont get around that one everyday. Thats amateur stuff. Should really worry about more important violations. registering voters is far from getting voters to vote.

btw, there is a shop here already called "girls with guns". so thats out.

I have always thought that Scooters, Shooters and Hooters would be a nice combo to have in a "stripmall". Everything a man could desire!

Good luck if you choose to proceed.

I want to open a gun store and my girlfriend wants to open a bakery. I said that if when I hit the lotto, we're going to have a joint store called "Bang Sticks & Baked Goods". Have a complimentary cupcake while you browse for your next gun purchase!bad_smile.gif

• Like 4

I went into a local shop after a range trip. I had packed up my pistols, but was still wearing my holster.....The FIRST thing the shop owner said to me was "Where is your pistol?"

If you quake in your boots at the thought of a man wearing a pistol, You are in the wrong business.

How about if a fella has ammo in his pocket, asks to see a gun, loads it and shoots you?

How about if a fella sprays your face with mace, takes the gun and runs?

How about a fella with a hidden Cane Sword?

How about a guy with Really Big Hands, who could strangle 2 people at the same time?

How about just opening a bakery, pal.

• Like 8

Price

Service

Selection

Pick two, because it's impossible for a business to offer all three and stay in business.

As long as I don't pay more than 10% more than the cheapest place I can find it online and they treat me great, I'll keep going back.

One shop I always go back to was the first place I went to when I moved to my current State 8 years ago. Looking for a .45-70 stainless guide gun, the shop not only had it, they gave me a good price without bickering over it. I always go back.

Edited by charlieschoice
  • 1 month later...