Picture Post,lets see your 7.62x39

Thought I was done, but guess not! Man, these things are just plain fun! And cost effective too! I think the only items I want to change now is the sighting system and to put some type of flash suppressor on it. Really having a hard time between the TWS with the peep sight and the Tech Sight. As for the flash suppressor, I have the clip on Phantom, but I took it off as I am concerned that if could come off and/or damage the barrel. Thought I would be safe with a Flash suppressor vs a compensator (pressure wise). Just installed the Red Star trigger group, and really like it. I will say that I am having to chop the shit out of the notch of the safety lever to be able to adjust the trigger travel. Rifle was completely stripped down to the metal, degrease, degrease, and degrease some more, and painted with Aluma-HydeII and baked in the over for 2 hours at 185 (same with all of the painted parts). Take care and Semper Fi!

post-20243-12586282875756_thumb.jpg

post-20243-12586283148938_thumb.jpg

post-20243-12586283395802_thumb.jpg

post-20243-12586283519611_thumb.jpg

post-20243-12586283790061_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And I have his cousin  

Here's my Arsenal/Mime (no fighting please) 7.62x39 Russian Red Saiga convert "desk conversation piece" and weekend warrior...  

This project was actually finished around this time last year, but I thought it was time to finally put it up for the Izhmash/Saiga purist like myself out in the crowd.     While it's nothing s

Posted Images

Well all the new parts came in quick, Thanks to Greg @ CSS and MilSurpStuff.

Tapco SAW PG in FDE

Tapco Stock in FDE

Tapco Intrafuse (For Saiga) in FDE

Romanian (ribbed) Dustcover (now Dark Taupe Rustoleum) (very close in natural light minus the shine of semi-satin)

Dinzag Bulletguide. (installed with 2 taps. ughh PITA)

So if your tired of being the same as everyone else (OD/Camo) go Flat Dark Earth.... 000.gif

post-8775-12586842753226.jpg

post-8775-12586842825968.jpg

post-8775-12586843036437.jpg

post-8775-1258684311926_thumb.jpg

post-8775-12586843218654_thumb.jpg

Forget about the riffle. That is one fearsome looking rig from the rear...

post-5792-12587722025013_thumb.jpg

Looks like a bad guy mobile in a Disney movie.

I could just see some "hero critter" being carted off to it's death in it. :devil:

Edited by Paulyski

Very cool pics, 305diver! What's that prize of yours in your avatar? A grouper?

These pics are just further recent evidence of how well the 7.62x39 can hunt. I wouldn't want to take on a 267lb wild boar with a 5.56x45. Sure, he'd most likely die of the wounds the 5.56 inflicted, (so long as you could shoot worth a damn), but perhaps not until after he fucked you up pretty severely. :horror:

.30 cal stops things in their tracks. .223... not so much.

Your bro looks mighty pleased with himself, as well he should be. Those are some nice kills. Nice SGL10 as well. I hadn't seen one with a SAW grip and wire folder before. Also, cool swamp tractor! :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Hello there. I'm a newbie here and would like to share a couple of old pics from my first conversion too. Thanks.

SAIGA 7.62 X 39

PISTOL GRIP CONVERSION KIT

AFTERMARKET TRIGGER CONTROL GROUP

BULLET GUIDE

FOREGRIP BIPOD

QUAD RAIL

RECOIL BUFFER

QUICK DETACH 2 RAIL MOUNT

CHARGING HANDLE KNOB

FRONT SIGHT BLOCK

FLASH SUPRESSOR

post-21687-1259245522794_thumb.gif

post-21687-12592456074203_thumb.gif

Edited by Letalis

Hey guys! I'm new here on the Saiga-12 Forum.

(images removed for space)

Pretty cool. I usually like simple, but that looks like a good compromise. How do you like the forward grip? I loved my Rommie's donkey dick grip.

imarangemaster,

Thanks for your kind words. Being that this was my first Saiga conversion project, the positive feedback is very much welcomed!

I like the UTG forward grip on the Tapco Intrafuse hand guard. In fact, I continue to have better-than-expected results with the UTG/Leapers brand.

You see, I have more expensive forward grips on my other rifles, and while I like them a lot, this one is very nice for the money. It's secure, it's comfortable, it folds, and it has a storage compartment too.

BTW, I've positioned the forward grip so I can still fold it while the 20-rounder is in the magazine well. I haven't tried a 30-rounder yet, but in a pinch, you can always fold it forwards, instead of rearward.

Thanks again for the positive comments.

Lastly, I've got some other "projects" upcoming. And, I'll be sure to post pics, once they're done. ;^)

~ alaj70

Alaj60,

The fact that it was a folding grip is what attracted me. I had a CAA stubby foregrip on my 223 Saiga when I had it, and I still had to place it father forward than I like to allow mag change, even with the lesser curve of the Orlite Galil mags.

There is nothing wrong with using 20 rounders instead of 30s. My favorite magazine is the factory 10 rounder I modified to 15 by trimming US K-Var follower, spring, and base plate post. It is handier and lighter (about 1/3 of a 30 rounder).That is what I kept in the weapon when I used it as a house/farm rifle before I switched to the 30 carbine for my trashed shoulder. I kept a loaded 30 on the shelf next to it to grab and put in my back pocket.

UTG/Leapers stuff gets a bad rap. At first there stuff was crap. I used there ARMS type flip up rear sight when I had an M4gery - before I saw the light took the AK rules oath! IT WAS A GREAT SIGHT. I also used some of their other AR stuff and found it a good buy for the buck. The AR/M4gery snob children would rather pay 4 as much for a "COOL" name!

Anyway, great job, especially for a first effort!

Here is my Saiga 7.62x39. (Unfinished.)

I've got the following:

Tapco Buttstock

Ergo Grip

UTG Quad Rail (Yes, I know.. I know. But hey, it was the cheapest aluminum forearm option.)

Possible add-ons:

Some ladder rail guards.

A light and or laser.

MORE MAGS!

She isn't as purdy as some of the wood clothed Saigas on here, but she has proven herself.

post-21780-12596977394193_thumb.jpg

Here is my Saiga 7.62x39. (Unfinished.)

I've got the following:

Tapco Buttstock

Ergo Grip

UTG Quad Rail (Yes, I know.. I know. But hey, it was the cheapest aluminum forearm option.)

Possible add-ons:

Some ladder rail guards.

A light and or laser.

MORE MAGS!

She isn't as purdy as some of the wood clothed Saigas on here, but she has proven herself.

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, It's the same for women,for example, some love the redheads others not such big fans, don't mean the redhead ain't hot shit. I love all women thou but thats another story for another time and place.

Alaj70,

The fact that it was a folding grip is what attracted me. I had a CAA stubby foregrip on my 223 Saiga when I had it, and I still had to place it father forward than I like to allow mag change, even with the lesser curve of the Orlite Galil mags.

There is nothing wrong with using 20 rounders instead of 30s. My favorite magazine is the factory 10 rounder I modified to 15 by trimming US K-Var follower, spring, and base plate post. It is handier and lighter (about 1/3 of a 30 rounder).That is what I kept in the weapon when I used it as a house/farm rifle before I switched to the 30 carbine for my trashed shoulder. I kept a loaded 30 on the shelf next to it to grab and put in my back pocket.

UTG/Leapers stuff gets a bad rap. At first there stuff was crap. I used there ARMS type flip up rear sight when I had an M4gery - before I saw the light took the AK rules oath! IT WAS A GREAT SIGHT. I also used some of their other AR stuff and found it a good buy for the buck. The AR/M4gery snob children would rather pay 4 as much for a "COOL" name!

Anyway, great job, especially for a first effort!

imarangemaster,

Thanks again for your kind compliments and warm welcome.

I can't wait to post pics of my next Saiga project. You see, I've got a few more in the hopper...some different calibers too!

More to come...

Cheers,

alaj70

Sorry, Don't know why the image will not load from my desktop...

IMG_2809.jpg

Pretty amazing looking!

How did you do the stock with out all the extended plastic, blocky, reciver lengthning, funny looking conversion attactments etc. ?

Looks like its directly built into the reciever ... very nice!

IMG_2809.jpg

Pretty amazing looking!

How did you do the stock with out all the extended plastic, blocky, reciver lengthning, funny looking conversion attactments etc. ?

Looks like its directly built into the reciever ... very nice!

thanks man. You can get it from carolinashooterssupply. If you need to be compliant tho, the buttstock is NOT US MADE, so keep that in mind...

Nice job on the factory handguard. Did you put a heat shield in it? It will help. The advantage is it helps prevent the AK sizzle fingers if you go too far forward. I actually like the feel of the factory handguard, just needs help for heat build up.

From my for Sale thread. I just removed the Texas Dogleg Rail and Red Dot, and replaced it with a standard AKM sight, as i hate the saiga count by number, 1,2,3, sight blades. Missing a brake, as well, but at this point, thats gonna have to be up to the next owner. Hate to see it go.

post-3313-12611694812204_thumb.jpg

post-3313-12611694945097_thumb.jpg

post-3313-1261169544394_thumb.jpg

post-3313-12611695568932_thumb.jpg

From my for Sale thread. I just removed the Texas Dogleg Rail and Red Dot, and replaced it with a standard AKM sight, as i hate the saiga count by number, 1,2,3, sight blades. Missing a brake, as well, but at this point, thats gonna have to be up to the next owner. Hate to see it go.

What grip is that?

IMG_2809.jpg

Sweet looking saiga! What rail are you using for your scope mount?

[/quote

its a krebs. i like it cuz it also gives me a longer sight radius and flips up to remove the dust cover. holds zero really well for me. pricey, but hey, u get wut u pay for...

001-7.jpg

Saiga 7.62X39 Cali legal with detachable 30's.

HK G3 rear sight welded to dust cover. The front was from an SKS project I did, thats welded as well.

I shot this gun at 600+ yards, I missed my target (1 lb tannerite charge) by 12".

This is where I was shooting from, i'm the black speck on the hill middle left.

IMO I think the HK sights are the best thing that can be done to improve the Saiga/AK pattern rifle.

026-1.jpg

post-13485-12617156517076_thumb.jpg

Here is mine. Received about three weeks ago NIB. Thanks to Dinzag and all the info on the internets did the conversion last weekend.

Very nice! I see that you are new to this forum but based on your rifle I would suspect that your youngest brother is one handsome devil.

post-13485-12617156517076_thumb.jpg

Here is mine. Received about three weeks ago NIB. Thanks to Dinzag and all the info on the internets did the conversion last weekend.

Very nice! I see that you are new to this forum but based on your rifle I would suspect that your youngest brother is one handsome devil.

He kind of has the facial features and bone structure of a suprised rattlesnake but the wicked stench and leering expression keep people from getting close enough to tell.