Ok I'm just gonna be blunt... as right now I don't know what to think about anything anymore.

I have an appointment Monday morning at UNC Cancer Center to have a biopsy and hopefully find out soon what this giant friggin lump in my neck is....already had an ultrasound and they said it was a lymph node, and are very concerned about the size. It's not real easy to get an appointment in this place on short notice but they are being cool enough to let me right in on monday morning. I think that's awesome and I'm trying to stay positive.

Just wanted to share that with all my friends.

post-1293-12533144483609_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, Sweet, Thanks

Cobra, sorry to hear that your medical bills are so high, but it sounds like Bounce had some good advice for ya, I never knew it at least. If you get approved for Medicaid they might pay the bills you

I hate cigarettes and will make it a point to push a smoker out of my way if I have to to reach fresh air.... As far as the other stuff goes...I've always heard that smoking weed was what helped canc

Posted Images

Worrying will do no good. I have had lymph nodes in my neck swell up, and they looked just like that.

Was the swelling gradual or sudden? Cancer rarely goes ape-shit that quickly, so my money is on lymph node.

I have already had one run-in with cancer. Part of being a red-head... it is in our genes. Luckily in my case it was removed and no further signs were noted. That was about 10 years ago.

Just keep us posted and good luck at the doc's.

I don't have the "in" with the Lord that Drew does, but I'll say a few extra prayers for you this weekend.

Keep a positive attitude and keep us informed. Oh, and stay busy - distract yourself as much as you can.

Just to back up the prayers, I've go my fingers and toes crossed for you and tomorrow, I may see if I can find a lucky rabbits foot, a four leaf clover, and maybe I can find a broken mirror and glue it back together for seven years good luck, which I will donate to you.

God bless my friend.

WJ

Cobra, buddy, our prayers are with you. Stay positive my friend. Even if it is determined to be cancerous be sure to keep your head up and spirits high. You wouldn't believe some of the miraculous recoveries I've seen first hand. All things are possible, buddy, and you have a lot of people here who care for you and will be praying for you along the way.

Keep us updated,

Zach

KROSS F.A.

Cobra, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know it will not be cancer! If it is you should know its not the end of the world. I have kidney failure and have been doing dialysis for 4 years now. I use to tell people when I was a younger man that I would rather die then do that. Turns out its not so bad and I am happy to be alive with all my aliments.

Cancer from the out side may look like a heavy load to carry. If you have faith in your self, your family, and the love of god that he would not burden you with more then you can bare. You will find that you can carry the weight with ease.

God bless you and thanks for the out standing work on my bolt and carrier.

Edited by Bigwookiee

Keep your head up, Shannon !!!

As I've had skin cancer for 35 or so years, when a new feature evidences itself, it will tighten that asshole up.....every time......

Don't freak unless you get something definitive from the Dr's, and even then most early stage types are treatable..........

Positive thought, and the prayers and good will of all of us here..................

Lots of things other than cancer can be the cause,my bets on a bacterial infection.

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Swollen neck lymph nodes. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

* Certain infections (see Infection)

o Common cold

o Upper respiratory infection

o Mononucleosis

o Sore throat

o Strep throat

o Viral infection

o Bacterial infection

o Tuberculosis

o Tonsillitis

o Rubella

o HIV

o AIDS

o Toxoplasmosis

o Peritonsillar abscess

o Epiglottitis

o Syphilis

o Numerous other infections can cause swollen neck glands or general swollen lymph nodes

* Sinus infection

* Ear infection

* Skin infection

o Acne

o Impetigo

o Sebaceous cyst

* Dental conditions

o Gum disease

o Dental infection

+1 on what he said.........I been there brother, scares Hell out of ya ...

Good Luck..................

MIght just be "Saiga Jaw".............and you'll just need to shoot left handed for awhile...........

Lots of things other than cancer can be the cause,my bets on a bacterial infection.

The following medical conditions are some of the possible causes of Swollen neck lymph nodes. There are likely to be other possible causes, so ask your doctor about your symptoms.

* Certain infections (see Infection)

o Common cold

o Upper respiratory infection

o Mononucleosis

o Sore throat

o Strep throat

o Viral infection

o Bacterial infection

o Tuberculosis

o Tonsillitis

o Rubella

o HIV

o AIDS

o Toxoplasmosis

o Peritonsillar abscess

o Epiglottitis

o Syphilis

o Numerous other infections can cause swollen neck glands or general swollen lymph nodes

* Sinus infection

* Ear infection

* Skin infection

o Acne

o Impetigo

o Sebaceous cyst

* Dental conditions

o Gum disease

o Dental infection