472 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Davidson

Mike Davidson

Top Member

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:52 AM

Sorry for the tease but I have to get to bed. But it is coming!!! I'll try to make it back tomorrow ( or after I wake up rather) with more info.
  • Apache, fbs9494, ChileRelleno and 3 others like this

#2 thehopping1

thehopping1

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:05 AM

Sorry for the tease but I have to get to bed. But it is coming!!! I'll try to make it back tomorrow ( or after I wake up rather) with more info.

:Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy:
All hope is gone!

#3 supersp0rt

supersp0rt

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:07 AM

:eek:

#4 DistalRadius

DistalRadius

Director of Irradiation

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:36 AM

*gasp* I NEED! :eek:

You are The Man, Mike! Gimmie a shout next time you're in Cookeville, I really need to buy you a beer!

"Nope; these days if you don't have a linkless cam that tilts the breech end of the barrel downwards and locks it to the ejection port and a machined slide with a single locking lug that forms the front of the firing chamber riding on a one-piece polymer frame with interchangeable backstraps and a striker-fired assisted DAO trigger mechanism, nobody will take you seriously." -LoudClankingSound

#5 evildog69

evildog69

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:37 AM

Aaaaggghhhh......................to quote Al Bundy "come on baby give me what i need"
:Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy: :Johnboy:

#6 Paladin

Paladin

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:42 AM

:eek:

#7 elvis christ

elvis christ

Mean Mr. Mustard Nuts.

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:15 AM

Hey Mike! Hey Mike! Hey Mike! Mike! Mike! Mike! MIKE! When are the double stack mags going to be ready? I ordered a double stack mag and MD Arms won't return my email. WTF? These guys are crooks, that asshole has my money and he's drinking pina coladas on the beach. This is bullshit. The double stack mag doesn't work anyway. It can't keep up with the rate of fire on an full auto shotgun. Besides, it's made out of plastic, that's why its so cheap. :D
Boy, you better put that beer back in the can where it was born.

#8 KROSS FA

KROSS FA

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

Very cool, Mike. I expect these to surpass the quality of the Izmash mags. A U.S. high cap mag that meets or exceeds Izmash quality (dare I say steel inserts?) is exactly what S-12 enthusiasts have been clamoring for and it looks like you're about to deliver. Looking forward to seeing the details.

Zach
KROSS FA

#9 utahhandyman

utahhandyman

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

I work for AA and he stole our idea and it doesn't work but ours will just send us your shotgun and 2000.00 and we'll make it work, kind of, and besides mike's doesn't work blah blah blah :victory:

Hey Mike I guess I need to start saving cause I have 4 s12's and only 2 drums. I'm thinking 4 double mags each and maybe 1 drum apiece.
I EDIT FOR SPELING

#10 Twinsen

Twinsen

Swamp Yankee

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:12 PM

I'm sure in 20 years Mike D WILL be sitting on a beach sipping pina coladas. Until then, let's go double stack and send in those fat checks.
I might end up being around a lot more.
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 presto_z

presto_z

Breaking stuff since 1985

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

cant wait to see/own a few of these

#12 zenmetsu

zenmetsu

ʎzɐɹɔ ʇıɥs-ʇɐq

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

capacity?
AFK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, have to ignore every single motherfucker on the internet; accept no substitute.

#13 DogMan

DogMan

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

capacity?

I'm just speculating, but I'm thinking 16 would be a good number. Single stacks and drums cover everything more or less than that pretty well.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.    - Mark Twain

#14 zenmetsu

zenmetsu

ʎzɐɹɔ ʇıɥs-ʇɐq

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:05 PM

capacity?

I'm just speculating, but I'm thinking 16 would be a good number. Single stacks and drums cover everything more or less than that pretty well.

It could be 10 rounds as well... being doublestacked would make it shorter and less likely to get in the way, and would still represent a value to the customer.

We anxiously await an update.
AFK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, have to ignore every single motherfucker on the internet; accept no substitute.

#15 DogMan

DogMan

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

capacity?

It could be 10 rounds as well... being doublestacked would make it shorter and less likely to get in the way, and would still represent a value to the customer.

We anxiously await an update.

Yeah, I'm just taking a shot in the dark. Anything from 10-16 would be great to have.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.    - Mark Twain

#16 lvjeffro

lvjeffro

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

WOW, Mike davidson is the Super Pimp of Saiga hi cap magz... Just call him Huggy Bear...LOL... (starsky and hutch...I am old... :wet_eyes: )

All of you Saiga cool part mfgs need to gather at some sort of Saiga summit and discuss your ideas with one another so all the parts you come up with will behave nicely with each other...

enhancement parts that are out or waiting to be released!!!!

MD 20rnd drum
MD double stack stick mags
MD bolt catch/release
Cobra LRBHO.....
JT magwells
JT side mount sight
KA barrels
KA pucks
chaos mini drums
goguns one piece pignose rear plate :wub: :wub: :wub:
goguns twister pucks
fugly stick handguards :smoke:
dreadnaught mid barrel comps
gas fixer plugs (self regulating plug coming soon I hear... :smoke: )
tromix DIY
tromix FCG's
tromix shark brakes
CSS clear 12 rnd surefire mags
AA 30 round drums... :devil: :ded: :haha:
AA reliability service... :rolleyes: :unsure: :dollar:
and the list goes on and on..............

These are good times for Saiga fans my friends...

Good job to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA- I want double stack 5's, 8's, 10's, and 12's...I want it all...Call me greedy, but patient...

Edited by lvjeffro, 29 August 2009 - 07:27 PM.

My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat; situation excellent. I shall attack.
- Marshall Ferdinand Foch (1851-1929), supreme commander of allied forces in 1918.

#17 read_the_wall

read_the_wall

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

oh great Mike, you stole my idea......only I was going to make mine out of lead and concrete
so Cobra couldn't lift it up to shoot tampons out of it.... :D

can't wait to see them.......wake up.....
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic."
- Ted Nugent

The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
Ted Nugent

#18 scoutjoe

scoutjoe

The village idiot

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

Don't make me drive out there... ;)
"Additionally, I refuse to date a girl if she doesn't know how to proficiently load, unload, and operate any of my weapons"~AegisDei

"Tony has a credibility in the gun industry that bullshit cannot tarnish"~BobAsh

From the Skippy List
87. If the thought of something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it.

Gun owner in PA? You need to check this out http://www.pafoa.org/

#19 bigcec1

bigcec1

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:04 AM

How the hell did I miss this thread very cool man can't wait to see some more on this amd we call sleep down here redbull
"When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth" George Romero

#20 Shepherd Thiel

Shepherd Thiel

Shepherd

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:24 AM

He should make it a double stack 20 rounder with an external floorplate and notches cut at every 4 round interval so it can be cut to size.

That covers 20, 16, 12, 8, and 4 all in one mag.

1 Corinthians 2:2

#21 Mike Davidson

Mike Davidson

Top Member

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

Alright, I am sure everyone is wanting the details...

But I can't give too many right now. I want to keep some things quiet a little longer.

Here is what I CAN'T tell everyone yet. I can't let out any dimensions, even external. I don't yet want to release exact capacity. I can't tell you how it functions and what makes it possible. I can't tell the features that will make it the best stick mag out there, even if it was only single stack! But being double... :super:

What I CAN tell you is... It will fire both 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells. It will come in different capacities. It will have steel in the front mag catch. It will have steel feedlips. It will be of superior material. It will be lighter than a single stack of the same capacity. And they will be the best thing since sliced bread! (I wasn't here before they started slicing bread but I heard those that wear liked it a lot!)

I don't want to give an ETA. This is our top priority and the wait for release will only be a fraction of the time the drum was. We are making our own molds now and won't see the back burner delays like with the drum molds... I WILL NOT be taking any pre-orders on the double stacks. I don't know what the price will be on these yet, but it will be very comparable to single stacks.

I am thinking of making a video of it. If I do I will be disguising it so the only thing noticeable is that its shorter than a single stack of the same capacity.
  • TheDarkHorse, Bullensmash and PapaZorro like this

#22 bigcec1

bigcec1

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

Well I'm hooked just keep us updated so I know when to send the check hehe
"When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth" George Romero

#23 DrWho

DrWho

royal order of the spork

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

bagh!!!!!!!!!
i cant tell you how many i will buy.
i cant tell is i will use slug, buck or cheap ammo.
i can tell you i will probably buy more then 1 but less then 10
i can tell you i will use slugs buck and bird-shot, maybe some incendiary and fl-etchers.
Mostly Harmless

#24 Wakko

Wakko

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:00 PM

I want one. :)
NRA Life Member
GOA Member

Heroes Never Die

#25 guitarman8373

guitarman8373

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

All the guns I own and I have NO IDEA what a "double-stack" mag is. I know, I know, pathetic. What are the pros and cons of them? All I can think of is a double-stack mag is like .... well .. an AR mag, where the bullets rest side by side, rather then right on top of each other, like the current Saiga-12 mags. Anyway, let me know when there will be some pictures and what the max mag cap will be. I'm ANXIOUS to find out :)

Thanks,

- Chris

#26 jodark

jodark

• 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

All the guns I own and I have NO IDEA what a "double-stack" mag is. I know, I know, pathetic. What are the pros and cons of them? All I can think of is a double-stack mag is like .... well .. an AR mag, where the bullets rest side by side, rather then right on top of each other, like the current Saiga-12 mags. Anyway, let me know when there will be some pictures and what the max mag cap will be. I'm ANXIOUS to find out :)

Thanks,

- Chris

Correct. Its double-stack because it forms 2 stacks of cartridridges or shells in this case.

#27 Jangles

Jangles

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:11 PM

I'll take 50. Do you take Pesos? Canadian dimes? Ruperts? Please hurry I need them before the War.
Thanks
:)

Jangles
Do you raelly think they can't take your guns away?
Click it and read.
http://www.armytimes...meland_090708w/

Posted Image

#28 SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

I can't tell you I'm not interested.

#29 rlfllc

rlfllc

• 5 posts