What's the worst handgun you've ever owned?

AMT Hardballer Longslide. New out of the box, it wouldn't feed or eject a single round of hardball ammo.

Tony

Hey, me too!!

It was a .40 cal, pretty gun but wouldn't fire more than 3 or 4 rounds without jamming.

2nd worst was a Kel-Tec 9mm that went off while un-loading it! I dropped the mag and went to eject the round in the chamber, lost my grip on the slide, it went forward and fired!!!! Went thru 3 walls in my apartment!

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My friend had a POS Hi Power clone from Century.     Rough...Love my USPs. I need to get a Sig. The new HK45 and P30 are cool too. Just wish they wouldn't have dropped the 45 capacity from 12 t

I HAD TROUBLE WITH THE KELTEC 380 WHEN I HAD IT IN MY POCKET THE CLIP WOULD EJECT.

I HAD TWO OF THE AMT 1911 45 ACP SS ONE OF THE BEST SHOOTING 45'S I"VE SHOT

Posted Images

Kimber .45, it looked awesome, but didn't find out to later that it has a 1500 round break in period. It malfunction every magazine. I tried different ammo, and made sure I was doing everything correctly. I bought a Springfield xd9mm, it has no break in period and shoots 3" groups, freehand, at 15 yards and I spent half the money, and the other half on ammo and mags.

Polish P-64 in 9mm Makarov, think I paid $160ish for it. The safety plunger was bad, so as you fired, it would creep into safe. Fixed that, was still very uncomfortable to shoot. Think I sold it for $150ish.

Kimber .45, it looked awesome, but didn't find out to later that it has a 1500 round break in period. It malfunction every magazine. I tried different ammo, and made sure I was doing everything correctly. I bought a Springfield xd9mm, it has no break in period and shoots 3" groups, freehand, at 15 yards and I spent half the money, and the other half on ammo and mags.

There is nothing wrong with that gun, it just had a built in liberal faggot safety that you obviously engaged. When it felt your smooth lotioned hands grasp it like it was your boyfriends dick, it immediately assumed you were too queer to handle that weapon and started malfunctioning...this is also known as "limp wristing" you queer fuck.

Edited by hallboss
How about this little gem?? $40.00 FIE .. 25 cal and 25 years old. 5 shots through it.

I've have a Titanic .32 long revolver that was my granny's. The first time I took it to the range I held the gun on the other side of the wooden post so if it exploded I wouldn't catch any flying metal. My aunt told me not to shoot it but after cleaning it up I decided to give it a try. Turns out it's a pretty good little shooter.

post-12761-1239166313_thumb.jpg

Raven .25, could'nt hit a beer can from 5 feet with a full mag. But it fired every time!

HEY!!!! I have Jimenez JA.380. about 250 round's through it so far, No problem's whatso ever! It's just transformed into a smoothbore :haha: But for 125$ and a lifetime warranty, WTF! It fit's in my tacklebox. Bad guy's might think it's funny cuz there is a rubber worm hangin outta the barell tho...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a revolver guy and, compared to most here, have been pretty lucky with them. Mostly I've just done stupid things that cost me money and didn't help the few bad situations.

Case in point is a 4" S&W 586 that I still own. Out of the box it shot 4" groups at 25 yds. and had a terrible front sight. Spent money on a fancy custom front sight and a S&W action job and it still shoots 4" groups at 25 yds.

After the 586 experience and against my better judgment, I bought a 6" 686 Pro-Port. That thing is scary accurate...when I could see good all they'd go into about 1.25" at 25 yards offhand. Leaves every other revolver I've shot in the dust. Other than being too big to carry, it's the ultimate .357.

Luck of the draw, I guess.

Bob

I have owned over 50 pistols in the last 39 years, and without a doubt, the worst one was a Les Baer Stinger.

Even after a thousand rounds (well broken-in), it wouldn't fire 3 rounds without a FTE, or FTF. I sent it back to Baer on two occasions. After it came back the first time, the front sight fell off and it still wouldn't function. Teddy Jacobson finally worked on it (plus another $200) and got it to function properly. I was finally able to sell it without affecting my conscience. I disliked that gun so much I couldn't keep it.

:unsure:

When the new owner sent it to Baer for some custom work, they told him it had never been back for any service. I'd own a Jennings before I'd ever buy a Baer product.

Worst handgun I ever owned was a S&W "Sigma" compact 9mm.....not like the newer Sigmas, this was a blowback-operated DAO gun with a funky magazine that latched with 'buttons" that fit into grooves in the grip. They came out with them, as well as a smaller .380 version, in the late 90's. It was a jam-o-matic, I bought it as a CCW piece before I knew diddly about guns. It jammed and misfired constantly. After the 3rd trip back to the factory, I traded it for a Keltec.

I also HAD a S&W Sigma 9mm. Totally yucky! Hated that little recoil machine!

• 2 weeks later...

s&w sigma .40, close second was a jennings .380. took the sigma shooting once (1000 rds) and then decided to take it apart to polish it up hoping to fix the incredibly horrible trigger. if it wasn't for the trigger, i'd still have the gun. extremely reliable (no FTFs or FTEs), and capable of 3" groups at 25yds. unfotunately, the trigger was so horrible, it tops my worst ever gun list

My worst handgun is the Kel Tec P-11 which is a hand beater. It does work flawlessly and also takes Smith & Wesson 59 and 69 series magazines but it hurts my hand when I shoot it. I got it from an 80 year old man and understand why he sold it. His hand probably couldn't take the beating either. I'm 51 years old and have trouble with it. The second worse hand beaters are the Hungarian PA-63 and the Polish P-64 which shoot Makarov ammo. All these guns do work without a hitch.

the PA 63 is a nice little gun for the money but id also advise that one make sure that under recoil that you watch where your finger slides to. i shot my grandfathers and well i didnt have the greatist grip on it and it slid up my hand a little and my trigger finger pulled the take down latch/trigger guard and i kinda jammed the weapon up a little :P

BUT i cant say they are bad guns by the strech of the mind.

however for the money id get a cz-82

Edited by broadkil
  • 2 months later...

I bought, for $1200, a Professonal Ordnance AR15 pistol back when I used to live in California just before the AWB. This was when they first introduced the carbon fiber model in the pistol & rifle version. It had no forward assist, said it didnt need to be lubed because it was "self-lubing," I had the bolt crack, the firing pin bust in half, the gas key came un-staked, a round lodged in the barrel and on a good day I could fire off 5-8 rounds before it would jam. I will say that the fire ball from a 7-1/4" barrel 5.56 is AMAZING though.

Almost every frick'n thing possible that could happen to a AR type weapon did. Sold it at a gun show for $500.

I now wait to read a few reviews now before I buy.

Llama Minx Max 45.. Failed to FEED any rounds. I figured a compact 10 round 45 for $339.

I sent back to them to FIX they sent it back 9 weeks later and still would not feed.

I sold to a dealer when my car finally died and I needed cash along with 5 other pistols for $1600 or so :( .

KBI Hi-Power, Sig 228, Glock 30, Makarov .380 (12 round version), LLama MM 45 (as above), and a Kahr MK9.

Went back literally 3 days later and the Sig, Glock, Mak, Hi-Power, & Kahr were mysteriously SOLD... hmmm.

I wanted the Makarov back at least.... They are like $320 and hard to get now...

A Jennings in .380

It was the early nineties and I went to a gun show...didn't have much cash....brought home this monstrocity.

It weighed a ton, so I thought "It's made well". When I finally got around to firing it, jammed every round.

One piece of absolute garbage from the start. Sold it to a poor unsuspecting coworker. But he was an ass and deserved the headache. :devil:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have never owned a handgun i havnt liked...But my brother lol....poor guy. He bought a highpoint off a buddy for like 75 bucks(at least it was cheap! haha) First time we took it out(well first off i thought the spring in the slide sounded like shit! it was awfull) he poped the clip in BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! POP! wtf?!? slide cracked half way down the side and jammed. haha i felt so bad for him it was his first handgun and was so excited to go shoot.

I was like man next time u want to buy a gun ask me first lol those are shit!

Davis 38 special derringer. Trigger pull was measured in tons. It would take so much force to pull the trigger that pulling it would cause pain, bruising the finger. Gutless little POS too. A standard 158gr LRN would bounce off a 2x4 at 12".

The other worst POS pistol I've owned was a Powder Springs OBS Mac10. Jam-O-Matic.

Kel Tec P11. Got it for $150 from a buddy, but never got used to the rediculously long trigger pull. After the frame started to develop hairline cracks I sold it for what I had in it. Also had a sub 2000 that was by far the worst rifle I've owned. I whole hearteadely recommend that you buy anything other than a kel tec, or at least be prepared to ship it off to the factory a few times before you expect it to work.

I love my little Kel Tec P32, but I don't trust their bigger stuff. (I sold my Sub 2000).

The Kel-Tec PLR-16. When I first bought it I swore it was the coolest thing since sliced bread. When I put the first round through it all the way up to about round 400 I didn't have one FTF or FTE. I put it through one reliability test and it was pretty much fucked from there on out. I sent it back to Kel-Tec (great company they did there best, just wasn't enough) for a fix, but it never really came back to what it was after that. Although I'm not an AR fan if I was ever to get another pistol in 5.56 that would be it.

I understand why they wanted to build it lighter (all Kel-Tecs are), it took away from the balance and the (not that the recoil was bad) recoil reduction.

I named this one not because I haven't bought a ton of shitty ones(C&R stuff or used bought as is in order to repair) but because out of all Brand New in Box guns that I've bought, I've never had so many complications.

If you are looking for a pretty much straight bench auto shooter, the PLR-16 is pretty good. If your going to put more than 90rds through it in a 15 minute time period.....Good luck

since Taurus seems to do little apart from rip off glock, pt92s, and 1911s I'm really suprised to see it not mentioned more in this topic as a cheap unrealable copy, especially considering some of the flak the glock and pt92s have caught.. My experience with the taurus has been that they are excellent- but only includes two firearms and I had expected that as an American knockoff it would have drawn more criticism than it has. Makes me appreciate the brand even more.

and I'm really suprised at the amount of kimber hate.. A few of my friends swear by them and use them as their CCW. Not that it matters... now I have more backing to knock on them, which is always fun! I'm just suprised.

edit: just so you know where I'm coming from.. my CCW is a taurus pt140 milenium pro ad all my friends carry either kimber, ruger, or kel tec.. so this particular topic hates my gun the least... so far (although the ruger lcp my friend carries hasn't done badly either)

Edited by volkov

The Biggest piece of shit Hard Iron Gun i ever owned would have to be the AMT Auto Mag III ..It was a very cool ODD ball caliber to own in a handgun...But what topped it off in getting me very upset was that the Firearm was exported to another country where i shot it for the first time and it jammed and locked up on every round..I had to end up selling it for little or nothing...Im glad AMT went out of business...

What no one has a Hi-Point :lolol::lolol::lolol:

$139 Hi-Point 9mm.. Couldn't ever get the thing sighted in... But it was $139, so I wasn't heartbroken... Ended up selling it to my mother-in-law to try for her CCW.... LOL

9mm hipoint compact.

Damn that thing sucks. I still can't get it to go a whole mag without jamming while feeding.

Yeah, the Hi-point .45. It never failed to fire, but breaking it down requires tools & crap flys out when you do.

If you test to see if it chambers with live rounds with 1 roll pin removed (that is mounted in plastic & could creep out on it's own)

The slide can lift slightly & go full auto racking off 2 rounds in your sofa... (don't ask me how I know :rolleyes: )

Their 9mm jams like hell.

My worsts:

Interdynamic KG-99 (early version of the Intratec Tec-9)

It was so good I also bought an

Intratec Tec-22

Both major jam-o-matics. Very picky about ammo. Very innaccurate.

On the positive side: threaded barrels, vented barrel shroud, and high cap mags. :killer: Made in the U.S.A.

Strangely enough, the tec-9 & ab-10 seem to feed better when in the full auto configuration, & with FMJ ball ammo.

Don't ask how I know, but I have seen more than 1 that demonstrated these anomalies.

The one I had was only semi-auto while I had it....

My worst handgun is the Kel Tec P-11 which is a hand beater. It does work flawlessly and also takes Smith & Wesson 59 and 69 series magazines but it hurts my hand when I shoot it. I got it from an 80 year old man and understand why he sold it. His hand probably couldn't take the beating either. I'm 51 years old and have trouble with it. The second worse hand beaters are the Hungarian PA-63 and the Polish P-64 which shoot Makarov ammo. All these guns do work without a hitch.

In my experience the P-64 hurts more than the P-11.

Both are quite reliable from my experience.

The P-11 has a rediculously long DA only trigger pull, but that is its safety.

The P-64 requires a hammer/trigger spring swap to reduce its 28Lb trigger pull.

The P-64 is the most accurate pistol of its size in a decent (9x18) caliber.

Both of these pistols are best for concealed carry, & due to their tiny size & powerful round, hurt when fired at the range.

However when with friends, when you're not thinking about it, or during the adrenaline dump of actually using them for what they are made for, you are not affected bu the felt recoil nearly as much.

Kinda funny, every pistol I have owned is in this thread... :unsure:

Pauly9s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Biggest piece of shit Hard Iron Gun i ever owned would have to be the AMT Auto Mag III ..It was a very cool ODD ball caliber to own in a handgun...But what topped it off in getting me very upset was that the Firearm was exported to another country where i shot it for the first time and it jammed and locked up on every round..I had to end up selling it for little or nothing...Im glad AMT went out of business...

ditto, anything AMT were the worst I ever had, all of them jam o matics, and I tried several

also Ruger 10-22, sights were so far off you could move them far enough, finally after 3 trips to the factory they just replaced it, took it down and traded

I have one. Mine's great. Accurate, reliable and loads of fun 'cause it's LOUD!

Sig Sauer .22 Mosquito! That thing jams no matter what ammo I used. I used the CCI Mini Mag ammo that was recommended by the manufacturer, and every other round that we tested it with. Every 5th shot it would fail to full chamber and I had to push the slide forward to chamber it, or it failed to extract on some rounds. When it works it fun, when it doesn't not I want to throw it at the target.