New LOW Price on the MD-20 from MD Arms, Ltd.

Mike this is a great opportunity for people in this economy to afford your drum. People should take advantage of these low, low prices because they will not last forever, the economy will turn and the price will go up regardless of competitive wars. AA must be shitting their pants at this point! :lolol::lolol:

• Like 4
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't mind having pre ordered and paid about $250 waiting thru the delays and helping mike get his company off the ground only to have him turn around and drop the price to $120. No I'm fine with th

Hi, I wanted to break some news here to everyone. Due to a new comer entering the Saiga-12 drum market soon... We are lowering the price of our drum, the MD-20 to $120. You read that right, $120!!

Agreed, ...this is a tremendous opportunity for guys to jump in and buy these drums up before going back up in price! That goes for current and non current MD20 owners!

Mike, congrats on being able to offer a significantly lower price.

Zach

KROSS, LLC

• Like 1

I am dissapointed as well. This just lowered the value of the current drums.

I can understand being competitve but such huge price drop I feel may have been unwarranted. The product MD20m may now be percieved as the same level of quality as the promag. Often times consumers percieve price with quality.

I would have liked to see a lower price from MD Arms but more effort into marketing.

Promag is still going to sell their drums.

if you consider that the money (profit) from the first product is then used in the development of the next product then there shouldn't be a problem. It's Capitalism at it's finest and why i love it. Mike makes great products, but the r/d for those products (or any products) is horribly expensive. look at promag for example. How many "i hate promag" threads are there? If mike were to make a magazine without testing it then, vomited it out to everyone he'd be faced with 1000's of "i hate md arms" threads, and civil lawsuits from people wanting their money ultimately putting him in the poor house. If you remember he had to fix some of the first batch of drums for folks at his cost. Look at the double stack mag, and how long it's taking... He has to ensure the mag runs flawlessly, that it can be mass produced at a low cost, still maintain it's functionality, and be able to generate a profit after the initial investment to make it all worth his while. He's also one man making a specific product for a specific gun. A saiga 12 isn't an AR. i can throw a rock and it'll hit an AR owner...in fact i've thrown several rocks at AR owners but that's another story for another time. My point is not everyone owns a saiga 12 and of those that do, not everyone knows a drum exists for it, and of those that do, not everyone can have one in their state, and of those that can, not everyone wants one. Businesses like magpul are able to keep their costs low because there products not only work on several models of the same gun (ar-10, m4, ar15 etc) they can also work on several other non AR guns. In conclusion he's not screwing anyone, he's doing you a favor. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

• Like 2

if you consider that the money (profit) from the first product is then used in the development of the next product then there shouldn't be a problem. It's Capitalism at it's finest and why i love it. Mike makes great products, but the r/d for those products (or any products) is horribly expensive. look at promag for example. How many "i hate promag" threads are there? If mike were to make a magazine without testing it then, vomited it out to everyone he'd be faced with 1000's of "i hate md arms" threads, and civil lawsuits from people wanting their money ultimately putting him in the poor house. If you remember he had to fix some of the first batch of drums for folks at his cost. Look at the double stack mag, and how long it's taking... He has to ensure the mag runs flawlessly, that it can be mass produced at a low cost, still maintain it's functionality, and be able to generate a profit after the initial investment to make it all worth his while. He's also one man making a specific product for a specific gun. A saiga 12 isn't an AR. i can throw a rock and it'll hit an AR owner...in fact i've thrown several rocks at AR owners but that's another story for another time. My point is not everyone owns a saiga 12 and of those that do, not everyone knows a drum exists for it, and of those that do, not everyone can have one in their state, and of those that can, not everyone wants one. Businesses like magpul are able to keep their costs low because there products not only work on several models of the same gun (ar-10, m4, ar15 etc) they can also work on several other non AR guns. In conclusion he's not screwing anyone, he's doing you a favor. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Well Said!!! I have several promag products and some work and some don't. Knowing that, I would still pay the orginal price for Mike's drum anyday knowing the quality of his products.

I put it off because of the magwell issue, then I bought 2 Russian 8s, & don't want to modify them, so screw the magwell.

I then put them off because of the price, well that's mute now, they are .65 cents cheaper than a Russian 8 shipped.

I just took $134.00 out of rent to grab one. I'll need to find an extra day of work somehow, but I just decided I must jump.

Most vendors sell them for more than his site anyhow, many will be resold for profit.

He's sold over 100 in this last hour & they likely won't last through the day.

I don't know what other company is gonna release a drum, I would think AGP, just because of them doing the same liquidation thing for a few days. If it is Promag, there will be no competition, they'll suck.

I feel for you all that paid more, but if you throw them on gunbroker for $220 today, you'll likely sell them quick.

Looking forward to more drums......two is NOT ENOUGH. LOL :rolleyes:

Yeah, it sucks that I paid more for them last year, but whatever. I'm not looking to resell them anyway, nor am I sitting on a ton of stock that just dropped in value...... so it's all good from where I'm standing.

Corbin

• Like 1

I'd like to compliment Mike on how he handled this issue. While I can understand how others feel, I am of the opinion that Mike's decision to lower prices was not meant to harm anyone nor were the previous high prices meant to gouge any customers.

I think he's been put in a very hard position given Pro Mag's decision to market a drum for the Saiga-12 (I believe it's Pro Mag, anyway). The balancing act between keeping one's customer's happy and keeping one's company afloat is a delicate one and I think Mike is doing the best he or anyone else could be expected to do.

• Like 2

We are lucky enough to be well informed here at this forum.

That said, Mike has invested in this forum with his profits, rather than advertising in Shotgun News and all the other gun mags out there like ProMag does.

ProMag products sell because they saturate the marketplace with high markup items that tons of dealers can resell with good margins. They don't care about the end customer, even with their "lifetime guarantee" that costs you shipping several times to maybe get something that works. Most of their products are inferior to other manufacturers, and yet they are still alive out there because people buy their stuff even though the last five mags from Promag didn't work. Why? Because they were cheaper than the quality one and Mall Ninjas United feel that five shitty mags is better than one quality mag.

Mike makes the best product out there for our Saigas and I am glad that he has given us the MD20 drum.

If he continues to sell through limited distributors and not spend millions in advertising, he will lose a large chunk of the UNINFORMED Saiga 12 owners market. Hence why he is doing this... to get the uninformed owner to buy the less expensive, higher quality drum and create goodwill for his company and the other products that will be forthcoming.

I look at it as an opportunity to get more great drums and an exceptional price! I know my drum has dropped in price (but not all that much since I got mine for $180 on the pre-order), but he also didn't fuck his distributors the way AGP did. He upped the cost to $260 to accommodate dealers making a profit on his drum. If you bought yours for over $300, then you got gouged by greedy fucks reselling something they bought for much less and taking advantage of your inability to wait for the next batch direct from Mike.

I fully support Mike and MDArms and feel that he is doing all of us a favor, not a disservice as some posters feel.

If you want a shitty ProMag drum for the same price as Mike's (since it's on their website now), then I look forward to reading your rants about how to fix your drum that snapped in half and didn't feed any of the rounds you shoot. Fuck ProMag and their drum, and fuck all the douche kabobs that keep buying their inferior garbage!

Edited by BuffetDestroyer
  • Like 2

I don't mind having pre ordered and paid about $250 waiting thru the delays and helping mike get his company off the ground only to have him turn around and drop the price to $120. No I'm fine with that. Hell what a great business plan.

My question is who is coming out with the new drum. I'm sure their business model won't be fuck the people who help get your business started then do what ever you have to do to stay in business.

• Like 4

I will state again that the initial pre-order price was $180 and then Mike gave us the GunFixr's Gas Knob plus an additional backplate. If the backplate was $20 and the Gas Knob was $40, then guess what the price was?

$120!!!!!

How many other shotguns have working 20 round drums that civilians can buy?

Mike made that possible with one that works!!!! The ProMag's are ProMags and are going to be made with the same shitty quality of all their other products. If you would rather pay ProMag for copying Mike, then maybe you won't feel ripped off anymore!!!!

MIKE IS A CONTRIBUTOR TO THIS FORUM!!!! HE GIVES BACK TO US AND MAKES THIS FORUM POSSIBLE WITH HIS PROFITS!!!

So if you don't like it, then bitch on another fucking forum!

• Like 2

I have some at the older/higher price, but no sour grapes here (probably because I don't intend to sell them).

Heck, I went ahead and ordered another just now at the new price...

Hey, I did not know you were a member over here! :super:

and I paid the second run pre order price of about $230 for my drum, and I only have one.

Yeah the value of my drum went down, but I pretty much mated it to my S12, so I just thought about it as part of the package.

And I bought it after the election, I figured it would end up as preban, get one while I can sorta thing. :angel:

I don't think I lost anything, I just made sure I got atleast one. :smoke:

As I stated on the thread in Mike's subforum, I wouldn't waste 20 rounds on a Promag to shoot it up!!! :killer:

I'm hoping the rush of sales today is going to pay for the production of the long awaited double stack mags!

+1

Need double stack mags!

I have to wait for a few weeks before I can order another drum, I need to pay for the rail I ordered at the first of the month first...

and hopefully it will come soon, Chaos is waiting on the hardcoat. :super:

I don't mind having pre ordered and paid about $250 waiting thru the delays and helping mike get his company off the ground only to have him turn around and drop the price to $120. No I'm fine with that. Hell what a great business plan.

My question is who is coming out with the new drum. I'm sure their business model won't be fuck the people who help get your business started then do what ever you have to do to stay in business.

Irony is an HK fanboy complaining about a non HK companies business model. At least Mike supports the civilian market with non-nutered products.

ETA: I also ordered a second run $250 drum. I will be ordering a couple more as soon as my tax return comes in.

Edited by KrisFox

I just wrote a nice thank you letter to the competitor who entered the market, causing the price drop from MD Arms.

I wrote: "Thank you, Sir, for entering into competition with MD Arms for the drum market. Their reaction to your entrance into the drum market was to drop the price on the drum they manufacture. I can now afford to buy one of their drums.

Again, thank you for competing with MD Arms."

• Like 3

I think it's a slap in the face for the people who prepaid $250+ and made MD what it is today.

A discount for prepay 1st and 2nd run/loyal drum buyer's for double stacks mag would make this sting from 3-$260 drums I own not so bad.

No matter what I am still happy and going to support MDarms.

• Like 1