• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grimm is the crazy Doberman/Rotty mix pictured in my avatar. That was him with muzzle in my hand as we said goodbye moments before putting him down. After my father passed when I was 9, my mother bro

Mine is simply the name I have given my S12 when the shit hits the fan misery is what I will bring

Posted Images

I understand Corbin is Latin for Raven, which was my call sign in the Military. Granted, it's probably pronounce cor-BEAN in Latin, and not the standard CORE-bin. I answer to either though.

The name Raven was given to me by a CO that was big into Celtic mythology. He said there's a legend about a god (or godess, I don't remember) that, similar to the Norse Valkyres, would take the souls of the dead from a battle. I think it was called the Morrigan, if memory serves. The god would often appear in the form of a raven and it was said that if a soldier saw a raven before a battle, it meant he was going to die.

So my CO went with the "When Raven shows up, people are going to die" thing and started calling me that. It stuck, although hardly anybody except the few Army buddies I keep in touch with ever call me Raven.

Mine actually comes from the cars i race. I modify and race 91-02 S-series saturns (say what you will....). At one point, i had a saturn SC2 that was exensively modified. I had planned on getting the custom plate that read SC4U2NV (pronounce everything idividually and it becomes obvious), but my roommate totalled the car before i could get the tag. Well, that and i use that screenname on every forum.

As I browse the forum, I can't help noticing the creative screennames...some are obvious (like mine for instance, my actual name), but others, not so much.

So, what does yours mean?

You know the pro-gun saying; "An armed man is a Citizen, an unarmed man is a Subject". This armed man's name is Bob.

Chile Relleno Rodriguez, Rodriguez Brother #414

It is my given name in the Rodriguez Brothers, a brotherhood of skydivers.

http://www.rodriguezbrothers.com/

The Origin of The Rodriguez Brothers

It was the summer of 93. The place...... Waterville, Nova Scotia, Canada. The dropzone.......Atlantic School of Skydiving.

Only four of us remained at the campfire, the rest had fallen prey to the effects of the Tequila and the long Canadian summer days. It suddenly became apparent that this was not going to be an ordinary summer. In the wee hours of the night, amidst the glow of a raging fire (created using wood from an overturned outhouse), we shed our former identities. Standing on a stump, clenching the handle of a plastic sixty-six ounce Tequila bottle, I announced to all who would listen, "From this day forward, we will be known as the Rodriguez Brothers!" It was on that warm summers eve that we "the Elders," formed the brotherhood. The Elders consist of Pedro, Pepe, Julio, and Santos.

The Rodriguez Brothers are stronger than ever, our numbers continue to grow, go to our online database to get to know our latest brethren. We know many others exist, however, without a birth certificate on our website, they will remain illegitimate. If you are one of these lost soles, email us a picture and the details and we'll take care of you. The Rodriguez Brothers believe that skydiving needs to be fun. We aren't serious, we aren't skygods. We exist to have fun, to make friends, and to share our philosophy with everyone we meet. How does one become a Rodriguez Brother? It's easy, just find another Rodriguez Brother and do a jump with that brother. Later that night, during the initiation ceremony, you must do a shot of Tequila with the brother you jumped with. We recommend body shots as they have proven to be the most entertaining. After the shot has taken place, the initiating brother will issue you your Rodriguez Brothers name (we don't have sisters - just bumpy brothers), take your picture and get some info from you for our website. From that point forward, you will be known by your Rodriguez Brother name. It's that simple, relatively painless and will instantly make you part of a large worldwide family. Many times, I've arrived at a new DZ only to discover that I have several brothers there. It's nice to have family everywhere you go.

Our home DZ is currently in Chester, S.C.

We try to get to as many boogies as we can and are probably best known for our presence at the World Freefall Convention. If you ask around your DZ you just might find you are in the midst of a brother or two. You never know where we'll pop up.

Chile20at20Rantoul20WFFC2020057E1.jpg

btmd41, this screen name stands for bio terrorism medical doctor and my practice #in the computer.i am a faculty member on the new york state task force on preparedness.i lecture for the state on many topics.swine flu, NBC and all forms of infectious diseases.

"KROSS" is a reference to the Christian cross which symbolizes the ultimate form of strength and sacrifice. It is spelled with a "K" to allude to the Russian heritage of the AK Weapons format as well as to serve as a constant reminder of the friends and relationships I made while traveling through Russia and working with Russian orphanages throughout the country.

Zach

Kross FA

The Radius is the large bone on the thumb-side of the forearm. "Distal" means "farthest from the point of attachment". The Distal Radius is the area just above the wrist and is the most commonly broken bone in the body. Being so common, I x-ray about a dozen of these a day. The picture in my avatar is a distal radius and ulna fracture in a child. (The ulna is the other, smaller bone in the forearm.)

Seemed pretty appropriate. Its my screen handle for every forum I'm on and every game I play as well as my e-mail address.

I've broken my wrists twice each, with one of the fractures in my left distal radius. When people refer to limp wristed Brits, they're referring to me. :rolleyes:

A couple of my navy buddies started playfully calling me Phoenix after I got a huge tattoo of a firebird that covers all surface area from my navel to my kneecap. Janus is a direct reference to the two-faced Roman god of time, and I also like the way it sounds.

152 decibels....thats what ur gonna hear if u cut me off in traffic...or if im in a down mood and want to smile while i scare the hell out of u.

my truck and car are on hornblasters.com.

152 decibels....thats what ur gonna hear if u cut me off in traffic...or if im in a down mood and want to smile while i scare the hell out of u.

my truck and car are on hornblasters.com.

I always assumed you were into car stereos, with that name.

(Hornblasters is effing hilarious! My girl got me watching those vids a couple years ago.)

I reckon mine is obvious, I have a Saiga, and my nick name's Scott.

And they actually call me "Saiga Scott" sometimes at my local gun store. Mainly because if anyone has a question about a Saiga, I'm usually the one that answers it, lol.

AkSarBen is really Nebraska spelled backward. I like the Star War movies, and Darth sort of went along with it. There really is/was a society in Nebraska called Ak-Sar-Ben but not sure if it's still active. I was born and raised on a ranch in Nebraska. Also I had a decent picture of Darth Sidious in my avatar collection so just use it.

My ancestry are actually German-Russians. Germans that lived in Russia at the time of their coming to Greeley Colorado area as immigrants.